Oadby and Wigston Health & Wellbeing Board
Terms of Reference
To work collectively with health professionals and key partner organisations to reduce health inequalities across Oadby and Wigston, in line with local, regional and national priorities.
· To arrange regular Board meetings and provide an annual Health Summit to bring together wider health professionals and key partners focused on improving local health and wellbeing outcomes.
· To oversee a set of partnership sub-groups, which focus on addressing the identified health inequalities in Oadby and Wigston.
· To check and challenge.
· To regularly review local health data and implement changes in order to improve health outcomes for local residents.
· To promote information sharing and improve public awareness of key health and wellbeing issues relevant to Oadby and Wigston.
· To improve communications with local partner organisations.
· To ensure resources available are targeted appropriately.
3. Oadby and Wigston Priorities:
To implement the recommendations outlined in the ‘Exploring Health Inequalities’ document in a joint partnership action plan, in order to reduce health inequalities.
4. Board Membership:
The Health and Wellbeing board will consist of members from Public and Third Sector organisations
· GP (Primary Care Network)
· GP (East Leicestershire and Rutland CCG)
· Council Officer x 2
· East Leicestershire and Rutland CCG management lead
· Councillors x 7
Other attendees for the board will include representatives from:
· Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service
· Local Police
· Council departments
· Local Area co coordinators
· First Contact
· Public Health
· Adult Social Care
· GP Practice Manager
· Education / School Support
· LPT – District Nursing
· Children and Young Families
Additional representatives may be invited to attend at the discretion of the board.
A quorum shall be made of the Chair plus at least one GP representative and one Council Officer representative.
OWBC will host an annual Health Summit on behalf of the Oadby and Wigston Health & Wellbeing Board. In addition, there will be three (quarterly) Board meetings annually.
6. Reporting / Strategic Fit:
The Board will report to the OWBC Service Delivery Committee twice per year.
The strategic fit is with OWBC Corporate Plan and Priorities / County Health & Wellbeing Strategy.
There is no dedicated budget for the Oadby and Wigston Health & Wellbeing Board.
8. Communication & Partnership Working:
OWBC will maintain an up-to-date contact list of Board members and wider health professionals/organisations. This list will be used to send out relevant communications.
9. Review of Terms of Reference:
The Terms of Reference will be reviewed as required.
Support officer: Jennifer Mackenzie (Community Health Improvement Officer). Tel: (0116 257 2709) Email: email@example.com
Phone: (0116) 257 2709
Fax: (0116) 288 7828
Web site: www.oadby-wigston.gov.uk