Agenda and minutes

Community Safety Partnership
Monday, 11th June, 2018 2.00 pm

Venue: Council Offices, Station Road, Wigston

Contact: Mark Smith - Email: mark.smith@oadby-wigston.gov.uk 

Items
No. Item

1.

Apologies

Minutes:

A Lennox       (Head of Leisure and Wellbeing Services)

R Lobel         (Leicestershire County Council)

S Mahay        (Women’s Aid Leicestershire Ltd)

2.

Minutes of Previous Meeting pdf icon PDF 87 KB

Minutes:

The minutes of the previous meeting were agreed to be true and accurate.

 

*ACTIONS*:

 

·      OWBC Licensing to provide SP with a list of premises in the Borough participating in the ‘Ask for Angela’ campaign.

·      OWBC Licensing to provide details on how ‘Ask for Angela’ is monitored in the Borough.

·      MS to send letters out to CSP partners who have not provided their 2017-18 monitoring returns as yet.

3.

CSP Delivery Plans 2018-19

Minutes:

Prior to this meeting each partner received a copy of the Partnership’s draft delivery plans for 2018-19, and were invited to provide feedback on them at this meeting. All partners were happy with the plans as they stood, but the following additional comments were made;

 

·      Additional details around the Borough’s Neighbourhood Watch Schemes should be included, with reference to the revised signage and networking opportunities developed in 2017-18.

·      The ‘SelectaMark’ scheme the Partnership invested in during 2017-18 should also be referenced.

 

*ACTIONS*:

 

·      SP to review the 2018-19 delivery plans by the end of the week (15 June) and provide feedback to MS.

4.

ASB Officer Update

Minutes:

MS provided a short update due to the absence of AL on the ASB Officer post. The post has been advertised externally, with a closing date for applications of 16 June. MS believes interviews will be taking place around 21 June, with the successful candidate starting in post by the end of July 2018.

5.

Sentinel Usage Report

Minutes:

MS explained that following Sentinel’s update to V3 it has not been possible for him to run reports on the system, and so cannot provide an update on this agenda item. The problem has been brought to the attention of Vantage, who oversee the Sentinel system, in order for it to be rectified.

6.

CCTV / City Watch

Minutes:

A meeting will be taking place this Friday (15 June), with Senior Management at the Council, looking at securing additional funding for the Partnership in relation to the CCTV redevelopment. Additional funding is required to fit the brackets and power points for the cameras to each of the identified, and structurally approved, lampposts, as well as to cover costs associated with the moving of cameras from one location to another. MS is still awaiting a quotation from LCC Highways for the fitting of the brackets and power points.

 

It has been agreed that the deployment of the new cameras will be overseen by the JAG. This will enable further streamlining of the redeployment process.

 

*ACTIONS*:

 

·      MS to chase LCC Highways for the bracket and power point fitting quotation.

7.

LCC Update

Minutes:

SP provided the Partnership with the following update:

 

ASB

 

V3 of Sentinel has now launched. There have been a number of teething issues as expected but if any officers are having issues please raise these directly with Vantage via support@vantage-technologies.co.uk

 

Please remind staff that there are training videos on the system, so please ensure issues being raised with Vantage don’t relate to a training matter which may be able to be answered by watching the videos.

 

The vetting level from the police for use of Sentinel has been agreed at NPPV Level 1 and once written into police policy paperwork, will be passed to all partners to complete for all sentinel users.

 

Discussion was had at the ASB delivery group and the Senior Officer Group about a Sentinel Project Officer; those at the meeting were in agreement about funding this post again, an email is due to go out to all partners to confirm if they would be happy with this

 

The updated LLR community trigger policy has been agreed by all partners and information has been provided to all to be added onto each partner website so that the message to victims across LLR is the same.

 

Prevent

 

In partnership with the City Council we have coordinated an integrated prevent project for KS3 which has been offered to selected city and county schools, funding for the work has been provided from the OPCC. The offer includes the Going to Extremes production from Alter Ego, Safe Space which is a peer leadership/training programme for young people and ParentZone which is an organisation that works with professionals, young people and parents to raise awareness of online safety.

 

Hate

 

The three year Draft LLR Hate Action Plan 2018-21 was discussed at the Hate and Prevent Delivery Group on 16 May. In partnership with the Police it has been agreed that we should devise a shorter smarter plan that identifies two key objectives which is focused on for 2018. This shorter plan will be taken to the next H&P DG meeting in August. All relevant papers for this area of work will then be taken for approval to the LSCSB in September.

 

The Diversity Workshop Pack has been revised for KS2 and will be circulated later this week, a joint pack with LLR partners has been developed so that there is consistency in our delivery across our sub-region. The pack comes with clear notes to help with the delivery.

 

Domestic Abuse

 

A Complex Needs Project Stake holder workshop will be held on 19 June 2018, to share learning from the project, which was funded by the Department of Communities and Local Government. The workshop is being attended by services that are key to the lives of complex survivors including housing, C&FS, police and health colleagues. The project provided holistic support packages for survivors with complex needs, including vulnerable BME survivors and those with mental health and substance misuse needs. Funding ended on 30 April 2018, so partners are  ...  view the full minutes text for item 7.

8.

UAVA / KIDVA Update

Minutes:

In 2017-18 the KIDVA service supported 55 children across 32 families. This is reflective of an increase in referrals due to a change in reporting methods. Currently there is a waiting list for the KIDVA service which demonstrates a demand for it.

 

A report is available that breaks down the current KIDVA cases in greater detail.

 

*ACTIONS:*

 

·      MS to circulate the above noted report to partners once he receives a copy.

9.

SLF Update

Minutes:

RL provided the Partnership with the following update via email:

 

EH Review ongoing – consultation ended 22/04/19. This follows public consultation, staff and stakeholder engagement, and focused staff session on the delivery model. The Report will be presented to Cabinet on 6/7/19 with proposals for the new Integrated Family & Wellbeing Service.

 

SLF O&W Team – we are currently managing with two Intensive Family Support Worker vacancies in the team – both full time. Luckily, at present, we are managing this reduction in capacity and there are currently no waiting lists for families requiring intensive support. Once the team are back up to the full establishment – this will be 4.8 FTE (5 x Intensive FSWs) & 2 FTE (3 x Youth Workers).

 

Recruitment – is in progress for the above vacancies. Both posts will be fixed term until 31/3/19 due to the impending EH Review and restructure. Interviews will be held on 26th & 27th June 2018.

 

SLF – Payment by Results – number of families being worked with in O&W – 25 families - (13) receiving Intensive Family Support (12) Youth Work 1:1 support.

 

Listening Support Service – Return Interviews are conducted by SLF Youth Workers for young people who are missing from home. There is a slight increase in the RIs conducted from last quarter but this increase is comparable to the same quarter last year (17/18) and therefore, is not of significant concern.

 

Area

LAC – Looked After Children

MFH – Missing from Home

Totals

Nil Returns

Repeat Missing

Oadby & Wigston

2

10

12

2

1 YP x 2

 

SLF Group Work offer – this has been revised for 18/19 and our Core Offer reviewed. Referrals into our group work programme for families and young people requiring extra support is through the usual route – i.e. Request for Services – which can be found on the LCC website.

 

Group Work provision – Q4 (17/18) – 37 Families have been offered G/W courses/programmes.

10.

LFRS Update

Minutes:

Due to the ongoing building works at Wigston Fire Station turnout times have been hit, but response times are still ok.

 

There was an RTC last week on Wigston Road where a passing crew were flagged down by a member of the public. Unfortunately there was a casualty at this incident due to a heart attack.

 

The PCC, Lord Bach, wants to see the development of ‘People Zones’ from 2018-19. These are similar in intention to the now ending ‘Braunstone Blues’ scheme but don’t have allocated PCC funding. People Zones will reduce the demands on ‘bluelight’ services, with a more structured and long term approach, including bringing in community champions. The new People Zone scheme will be launched in New Parks.

 

The PCC wants to work closely with CSPs to set up People Zones in each locality, but they are not compulsory. It was established that the Partnership’s existing ‘Bluelight Partnership’ action fits in to the People Zone concept.

 

*ACTIONS*:

 

·      WG to update the Partnership on People Zones following the launch event.

·      MC and WG to update on the Bluelight Partnership at the next CSP meeting.

11.

Police Update

Minutes:

At present there are no major issues or concerns in the Borough from a policing perspective.

 

The development of the Neighbourhood Watch and Retail Watch schemes is continuing, this is in response to the upwards crime trend seen nationally.

 

Overall ASB has reduced in the Borough, although with the World Cup taking place it is expected to pick up again, alongside alcohol and domestic violence related offences. In response to this the ‘Safer Summer’ information and social media communications packages have been sent out to partners. These utilise refreshed posters from the previous World Cup, the established Twitter hashtag of ‘#SaferSummerLLR’, and have an alcohol and domestic violence focus. No extra policing provision has been made available countywide, although local pubs have been visited to officers.

 

The drone scheme is progressing at Wigston LPU. The drones can be used to target motorbike crimes, which tend to take place more on the city side of the NPA. Privately owned drones have been used to scout gardens for criminal purposes, although most activity is by hobbyists who may be committing crimes by ignorance of drone related legislation.

 

In response to a nationwide increase in acid attacks all Police vehicles now carry a water supply to wash away acid on victims.

 

At present the JAG has two cases it is actively dealing with.

 

A Retail Watch meeting is taking place next week (19 June) at the Council Offices.

 

*ACTIONS*:

 

·      MS to circulate the performance data document to partners.

12.

Any Other Business

Minutes:

The Partnership wishes to thank CW for 50 years of service upon his retirement. His input to the CSP will be missed.

13.

Dates of Next Meetings

Minutes:

·      Monday, 13 August 2018

·      Monday, 8 October 2018